19 audio Reviews with Responses

Two Hundred Years (Ozone Mix) Two Hundred Years (Ozone Mix)

Got it.

Fluid, and intricate, digg'n it man. Follows a well known DnB element of progression, which isn't bad, not at all. Good work.

TotalHarmonicControl responds:

Thanks :)

Lisa's Song =HFX= Lisa's Song =HFX=

I guess I'll write...

First, the composition was alright, could use more variations, throughout the song, instead of copy and pasting. It's not a dance song, it's a song for acoustic sets, so write like it.

I did not like the samples, at all, too much high EQ on the violin, and way too loud. Neither voices had any true emotion, no dynamic increases, or sounded whole and warm for the thought of the piece. (I mean, someone died right in this one right?)

It can be improved, just find that balance and warmth, take your time.

Phyrnna responds:

Thank you very much for the review. I don't mind bad reviews as long as they're helpful.

Let's see....
I agree with you on the violin sample. It wasn't the best, but it's the best I have so far without having to pay. :(

The dynamics do change... but within the time span of 3 minutes, I wasn't able to do much for such a slow piece. I'll probably expand on it more later.

Thank you very much for listening and reviewing. ^_^ I'll let you know if there's a redone version.

-HFX ^_^

Section 3 (outro) Section 3 (outro)

Mean.

Very mean and Dark, so I think you got the genre just right. Very Creative.

Forest-of-Grey responds:

Awesome, I'm glad you liked it. If you are willing to check out more check it out on myspace.com/tannoth

Jungledrift: ImperfectDisciple Jungledrift: ImperfectDisciple

Smooth

Just right off the bat, that bass line is smooth, let's just get that out of the way. I was blown away at the opening, after 1:24, I lost interest, it started sounding too cartoony for what it started out with, but it all comes back after you make the leads point.

The only part I'd look at is the ending, it feels like you rushed it, just a complete abrupt stop, gotta tell 'ya, hurts the soul, you're jamming to a slightly short groove and it just ends like someone taking that piece of candy that you JUST started eating.

Great work, I'm going to have myself to the buffet of other songs you have lined up.

-Kmaxyness

ImperfectDisciple responds:

Yeah, I rushed the ending a bit, but I was done with the song after 2 days straight (that actually time period), of just mixing the song.

-I actually like the abrupt ending, just kind of a cool little lick I was thinking of, but yeah, it's good you're opinionated on it, and with good reason too. Like the metaphor. I liek candy :D

-Thanks for the sweet review!

-ImeperfectDisciple

XI-Vengeance XI-Vengeance

Power

XI, Zion, (whatever it is now) is here to show us that there is still power in FL studios when done the right way. Although for me I wish the drums would have been a bit more influential. It seems held back, dry, and incomplete. Watch your High res synths, they hurt if not managed. (Really, my headphones have punished me)

Composition wise, i didn't find anything thing really wrong, you have a great nack for being very diverse, but the switch between the two versions were a bit lacking and felt thrown together.

But don't let the cons fool you (because I think sometimes you have to say something bad anyway) This is a wonderful track worthy of many many many many many downloads, and I hope none of these "Kids" hinder the score you deserve.

-Kmaxy

The-XI responds:

Trust me, I made this song on headphones. The song doesn't murder your ears. :)

As for the little other part, it was kind of meant to sound like that, sort of thrown together, you know? Its almost kind of supposed to scare you (kind of).

Thanks for the honest review though, its much appreciated.

Georgia Tech D-line Georgia Tech D-line

Hot

That shit is hot. The quads sounded slow tho, but damn, makes me miss being in the band.

ColtronZero responds:

Yeah, they kinda get slow in some parts, but for the most part they're good. Glad to hear from someone that actually appreciates good ol' band music.

Demon Vines--_-- Demon Vines--_--

Soild

Great work, amazing programing.

PERVOK responds:

thx!

DinoHunter - Cry for Mercy DinoHunter - Cry for Mercy

Hell ya

Awesome freaking loop! Indeed I have a good rival here on Newground.

DinoHunter responds:

Why thank you =)

Originally I was gonna make this into a tune, but I figured everyone would rather I just get to the good stuff.

Kraftwerk-das Modell remix Kraftwerk-das Modell remix

Fun

Haha, good loop. Love that bass, but wish there was more.

Rippkiller responds:

thats a loop and I do my best to make it better. ;;;.... THX for the positiv Review ....;;;

Killer Joe Killer Joe

Oh

One of my favortie songs, that I allways wanted to play in jazz band.That old Jamey Aebersold stuff haha. Anyway, in this song, paino was alittle too rough, and the delay effects needed a bit of work. Other than those those things, I have to say you play very well, ( even if you slipped up here and there).

Gwave responds:

Ok, just remember, noones perfect.